Monday, March 12, 2012

Back to the Blog

It has been an excessively long time since I last blogged. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I have run out of things to say. On the contrary, I just couldn't find a focus of what I should share with the world.

A lot has changed since I started this blog a year ago. I was a health science student working at a gym everyday in Boston, where it made sense to share fitness tips and motivation each day. Now I am an actress, model and most recently a pageant contestant living in Los Angeles where I am still finding my way. When making a drastic life change like this, it takes some time to figure out what your schedule looks like, how to get places, and when you can utilize free time. It took me seven months in LA to discover-- I have no set schedule, my GPS is still needed and I usually don't realize that I have free time until its over. I work each day to move forward in my career. In the past year, I have made leaps. I discovered my passion was to be on camera and moved across the country to a place where I knew very few people to pursue that dream. I am now living in Los Angeles, a city that offers endless possibilities for where my career will take me. I have agents working with me to get me work and get my face out there. I am taking classes to better my craft as an aspiring actress. I have joined the SAG union, a necessary step in my field. I have been working(!!!) and through work have had the chance to meet amazing people--people that I look up to in this industry and motivate me to press forward in my quest to fulfill my dreams. I am right on track for where I want to be in the world. I am living my dream, but it took getting to LA and becoming a working actress and model to realize my dream is much larger than simply to work, but to be someone that makes a difference. I want to make a difference in the world, leave an impact in my field of work. I want to inspire, I want to motivate, I want each person to "live the life you have imagined"(Henry David Thereaou).

I would like this blog to be an open forum of a journey. I come to you not as a fitness expert, not as a supermodel, not as a famous actress, not as a pageant winner, but as a woman on a mission.  I figure out my life one step at a time and when I get it right, I want to share my success with you, and hope to motivate your own success. When I am struggling to reach my goals, I will look to inspiring stories and quotes and aim to reinvigorate myself and you. If you would like to be part of my journey, check back in. Always feel free to comment on posts, ask questions and share your stories and quotes.
In the meantime keep in mind:

No comments:

Post a Comment